September 8, 2011

weak and weary

"Jesus Calling" to you:

"Accept each day exactly as it comes to you. By that, I mean not only the circumstance of your day, but also the condition of your body. Your assignment is to trust Me absolutely,
resting in My sovereignty and faithfulness."

Psalm 42:5 Why be so downcast O my soul? Why so disturbed within me? Put your hope in God, for I will yet praise Him, my Savior and my God.

II Corinthians 13:4 ...likewise, we are weak in Him, yet by God's power we will live with Him to serve you.

Jeremiah 31:25 I will refresh the weary and satisfy the faint.
*****

This is one of those moments when I just have to chuckle. I have started a low carbohydrate diet and the early days while my body is still adjusting, I feel weak! It is easy to give up a diet when I am feeling fine, but it is especially easy for me to quit when I am feeling weak like I have the flu. But here is God to encourage me on by using my daily devotional to speak to me,
"I will refresh the weary and satisfy the faint." Thank You God!

How about you? Are you feeling weary, weak, downcast, or are there other ailments that you are experiencing? Don't give up! Ask God to give you the strength to finish whatever tasks He has given you to do today. Just make sure that you are not using your energy on worthless projects, or even worthwhile projects, if He has not ask you to do them. God is not telling us to ignore our pain, but to try to understand what is causing it and to act accordingly.

For me, on this chilly rainy day, that means accepting that I am weak because of dieting. But instead of eating the wrong things "to give me strength", I am to go take a nap and get replenished. God is good.

one thousand gifts
#132 letters if thanks
#133 re-connecting with Matt
#134 sharing life with my Mom
#135 God meeting me right where I am!

No comments:

Post a Comment