September 2, 2011

a glorious adventure

"Living in dependence on Me is a glorious adventure. Most people scurry around busily, trying to accomplish things through their own strength and ability. Some succeed enormously; others fail miserably. But both groups miss what life is meant to be; living and working in collaboration with Me." Jesus Calling

Act 17:28 For in Him we live and move and have our being.

Colossians 2:6 So then just as you received Christ Jesus as Lord, continue to live in Him, rooted and built up in Him, strengthened in the faith as you were taught, and overflowing with thanksgiving.

How often do you think of your life as a glorious adventure? I have come to believe that my life is a journey, but I can't say that I often call it glorious. But, I want to feel that way. What changes would it take? I think I need to have more faith in God... not for salvation, I am convinced that He has saved me. I need to trust that He has only good intentions for my life here on earth. Reading this devotional (Jesus Calling) has me spending more time with God, reading more of His word, and contemplating His character. I believe my faith is growing day by day. I look forward to the day when I can truly state that I look to each new day, excited to see where God will be taking me and what He has to show Me.


one thousand gifts
#119 a visit from Andy, Kelly, and Amelia
#120 bbq chicken
#121 a walk in the heat of the night!

No comments:

Post a Comment