September 9, 2011

the path


"Jesus Calling" to you,

"Walk with Me along paths of trust. The most direct route between point A and point B on your life-journey is the path of unwavering trust in Me. When your faith falters, you choose a trail that meanders and takes you well out of your way."

Isaiah 26:4 Trust in the LORD forever, for the LORD, the LORD is the Rock Eternal.

Psalm 25:4-6 Show me Your ways, O LORD, teach me Your paths and guide me in Your truth and teach me, for You are God my Savior, and my hope is in You all day long.

Proverbs 3:5-6 Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not upon your understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him and He will make your paths straight.

*****

From these verses we learn about our God and what He does:

is the God=El
is LORD, I Am, Yahweh
is the Rock Eternal= stable, dependable, strong, eternal
He has a way for us to go
He teaches us His path
He guides us in truth
He is our Savior
He is our Hope

What we learn about us and what we should do:

need to trust God
be shown His ways
be guided by His truth
God is our Savior
God is our hope
need to trust God with all our hearts
don't lean upon our understanding
acknowledge God

*****
How often do I find myself straying off God's path and have ended up taking the long way to where God wanted me. This reminds me of some of Tom's short cuts when we are driving. Unfortunately, they often take us way off the direct route. One time when we were living in Colorado, Tom took us on a short cut from Colorado Springs to Denver. The normal time to get home was around 1 hour. On this short cut it took us 2 and a half hours. At least the scenery was beautiful on that short cut. When we take short cuts in life they often look beautiful to begin with, but the scenery will not be what God wants us to see. It may even be quite disturbing.

Where are you walking today? Are you walking on God's path or one of your own short cuts? Thankfully, He is walking with us where ever we are
and is waiting to give us directions to get us home!

the path photo was downloaded from http://www.freedigitalphotos.net

No comments:

Post a Comment