September 10, 2011

Jesus always with us

Jesus Calling to us-
"I am always available to you. Sometimes you may feel distant from Me. Recognize that as feeling; do not confuse it with reality. The Bible is full of My promises to be with you always. Let these assurances of My continual Presence full you with joy and peace."

Isaiah 54:10 "Though the mountain be shaken and the hills removed, yet my unfailing love for you will not be shaken, My covenant of peace removed," says the LORD who has compassion on you.

Genesis 28:15 I am with you and will watch over you wherever you go, and I will bring you back to this land and will not leave you until I have done what I promised.

Matthew 28:20 ...And surely I am with you always to the very end of the age.

*****

Jesus is always with us because His Spirit lives in us! Notice the difference between the promises in the Old Testament and the New Testament. God has always loved man, but before Jesus' death and coming of the Holy Spirit God did not stay with man always. He had a covenant to be Israel's God, but they did not have God living in them. How blessed we are to have Jesus with us always in our hearts!

When we feel like Jesus isn't with us, we need to stop and address this lie. We are not to just ignore the feeling. Feelings are like smoke that tells us there is a fire, they tell us what we are believing in our heart, no matter what we know in our head. The best way to address the feeling is to take it to Jesus. Ask Him to help you explore why you are feeling distant from Him. Let Him reassure you of His constant Presence and love for you!

one thousand gifts
#139 geese making their formations
#140 Jesus always in my heart
#141 Feelings, smoke leading to my heart fire

No comments:

Post a Comment