September 16, 2011

designed by God

"I designed you to live in union with Me. This union does not negate who you are; it actually makes you more fully yourself....In union with Me, you are complete. In closeness to Me, you are transformed more and more into the one I designed you to be." Jesus Calling

Psalm 139:13-17 For you created my inmost being; You knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise You because I am awesomely and wonderfully made; Your works are wonderful, I know that full well. My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place. When I was woven together in the depths of the earth, Your eyes saw my unformed body. All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be. How precious to me are your thoughts, O God!

*****

We were designed to live in union to God. Man really isn't an island to himself. We were meant to have an abiding relationship with God. Although in this relationship we do grow to have more of His characteristics: love, mercy, truth, peace, patience, grace, etc.; we do not become cookie cutter people who lose their personality. We become more and more our true self. God loves your personality, after all He made you!

Today let's celebrate who we are: awesomely and wonderfully made!



one thousand gifts

#153 my crystal heart sparkling in the sun
#154 a beautiful fall day
#155 spending time with Matt at Uncommon Ground
#156 a great Chicago trip







No comments:

Post a Comment