September 8, 2011

Thursday's Totals

As you may have read in my prior post, I have started a low carbohydrate diet. I hate to use
the word diet because if this way off eating helps me take of the weight, it will have to become
a lifestyle change. I hate to use the phrase "lifestyle change" because it sounds like I may be leaving Tom or having a sex change or joining the circus or something else that I am not going
to do! So I guess I'll stick with diet until another word or phrase makes more sense.

I chose the low carbohydrate diet for a couple of reasons. First, it is the diet that the doctors have suggested to my friend Robin who is a cancer survivor. I figured if it was good for her--it would be good for me. Second, I have been on this diet before and lost weight. Third, it is a food plan that Tom will agree to and since he usually cooks, he needs to be on board.

The diet consists of eating a lot of protein and a low amount of carbohydrates. I'm sure you already see the problem in this diet for me. I love bread, potatoes, pasta, candy, cookies, etc. But I am going to have to retrain my body to enjoy vegetables and some fruit. After a week, I can say that it is working some. We had plain old green beans from the can--no bacon grease in sight--and I thought they tasted wonderful. Even had a second helping.

I will be giving weekly updates (figure that will make me more accountable) about weight loss, inches lost, and exercise. I will probably also post when I've had bad days and good days. I thought about how to report my weight loss--by actual weight that I am each week
or by the pounds lost. I decided that both you and I would be more comfortable
with the pounds lost and the same with inches.

Usually, with most diets one of the hardest weeks is the first. Thursday and Friday I was feeling really good and wasn't even hungry. Unfortunately, the hunger set in on Saturday. Tuesday through today I have felt weak--like I mentioned in prior post. I believe it is just because my body is trying to figure out where all those fast energy carbs went. Hopefully my body gets the message that it will need to get the energy from the protein and all that lovely stored fat!!


I need to lose 112 pounds all together. I know that is the weight of a lot of models or big dogs,
but that's the facts!

Pounds to lose 112
pounds lost this week 10
pounds yet to lose 102

before pictures:




Boy, posting this is harder than I thought it would be. Please pray that I will be successful and have a healthier and happier life.

No comments:

Post a Comment