September 3, 2011

dew for the soul

"Let the dew of My Presence refresh you mind and heart. So many things vie for your attention in this complex world of instant communication. The world has changed enormously since I first gave the command to be still and know that I am God. However, this timeless truth is essential for the well being of your soul. As dew refreshes grass and flowers during the stillness of night, so My Presence revitalizes you as you sit quietly with Me" Jesus Calling

Psalm 46:10 Be still and know that I am God...

Luke 10:39 (Mary and Martha's story of when Jesus visited them. Martha was busy serving Jesus, but Mary was sitting at His feet listening to what he said)... "you (Martha) are worried and upset about many things, but only one is needed. Mary has chosen what is better and
it will not be taken from her.

I love this word picture of the dew on the grass and the flowers. The dew comes overnight and stays until the sun has time to dry it up. It is such a peaceful quiet time of day. When ever we choose to be with God, whether it be in that early morning, later in the day,or night time, we are to be still and draw life giving water from God's Presence.


one thousand gifts
#122 dew on the flowers
#123 the living water in my soul


No comments:

Post a Comment