September 21, 2011

God's Gentle Whisper

"Wait quietly in My Presence while My thoughts form silently in the depths of your being...Ask My Spirit to quiet your mind so that you can hear My still, small voice. I am speaking to you continually: words of Life...Peace...Love." Jesus Calling by Sarah Young

I Kings 19:11-12 ...Then a great and powerful wind tore the mountains apart and shattered the rocks before the LORD, but the LORD was not in the wind. After the wind there was an earthquake, but the LORD was not in the earthquake. After the earthquake came fire, but the LORD was not in the fire. After the fire came a gentle whisper.

*****

When God speaks in His gentle whisper, I have to be quietly listening or the noise of the world or the whirring of my mind will drowned out His voice. Lately, I have noticed that I have spent more time blogging about my devotion that I have spent listening to God. So, I plan to shorten my blog (which you are probably happy about) and lengthen my time waiting to hear His gentle whispers of life, peace, and love.

Why don't you join me today by setting aside your computer and listen to hear God's gentle whisper to you.


one thousand gifts
#169 Tom's strength
#170 Kelly being with Keri
#171 Papa teaching Amelia the hand signs to the wheels on the bus

No comments:

Post a Comment