September 5, 2011

Jesus my best friend

Holding Hands


I am your best Friend, as well as your King. Walk hand in hand with Me through your life. Together we will face whatever each day brings: pleasures, hardships, adventures, disappointments...I can bring beauty out of the ashes of lost dreams, I can glean joy out of sorrow, peace out of adversity...The friendship I offer you is practical and down-to-earth, yet is saturated with heavenly glory.” Jesus Calling


John 15:13-15 Greater love has no one than this, that He lay down His life for His friends. You are My friends if you do what I command. I no longer call you servant, because a servant does not know his master's business. Instead, I call you friend, for everything that I learned from My Father I have made known to you.


Isaiah 61:3 …and provide for those who grieve in Zion—to bestow on them a crown of beauty instead of ashes, oil of gladness instead of mourning, and a garment of praise instead of despair.


II Corinthians 6:10 ...sorrowful yet always rejoicing; poor yet making many rich; having nothing and yet possessing everything.


*** Jesus my best friend. Jesus mt BFF, although these letters make me cringe when I see or hear them, Jesus truly is my best friend forever. He will walk through my whole life holding my hand. Together we have walked through many pleasures: salvation, marrying Tom. Giving birth to and watching Andy and Matt grow to adulthood, Andy marrying Kelly, being given sweet Amelia as my grand-daughter (and soon Asher as my grandson), and the list goes on and on.



Jesus and I have walked together through many hardships: my sister Diane's death, my parents divorce, church conflicts, the death of my sister Chris, and the list goes on and on.



Jesus and I have walked through many adventures: being married to an Air Force Officer—moving every 18 months; trips to Hawaii, the Caribbean, the North-west, Texas, Florida, Colorado, and of course Mecca—Omaha Nebraska; parenthood; and the list goes on and on.



Jesus and I have walked through many disappointments: living friends when we moved, failed friendships, the strike at United, giving up teaching Bible study,, and the list goes on and on.



Jesus has held my hand through all these things. He gives strength, courage, laughter and love as we walk along. I wish I could say that Jesus had the lead in all of our journey, but way too often, I have dragged Him off the path. Thankfully, He never leaves me or condemns me, He gently guides me back to the path. What incredible grace and mercy.



Is Jesus your BFF? Take a few moments today to think of when He has walked with you through pleasures, hardships, adventures and disappointments. I would love to hear some of you story.


one thousand gifts

#124 Andy and Kelly's friends

#125 Amelia's words: "No barking Cocoa!"

#126 the red sky at dusk

#127 the crisp morning air

#128 Jesus my best friend

#129 family and friends who have walked through this life with me


***the picture of "Holding Hands" was from www.free-extras.com/search/1/holding+hands.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment