September 7, 2011

God approves of you

If you read no other of my blogs, please read this one!

Jesus Calling, to you:

"I delight in you more than you can imagine. I approve of you continuously, for I see you cloaked in my Light, arrayed in My righteousness. There is no condemnation
for those who are clothed in Me! That is why I abhor the use of guilt as a means of motivation among Christians... Guilt evoking messages can undermine the very foundation of grace in a believers heart. I grieve when I see grace eroding, with weeds of anxious works creeping in. I want you to relax in the assurance of My perfect love. The law of My Spirit of life has freed you
from the law of sin and death."

Isaiah 61:10 I delight greatly in the Lord; my soul rejoices in my God. For He has clothed me in garments of salvation and arrayed me in a robe of righteousness.

Romans 8:1-2 Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus, because through Christ Jesus the law of the Spirit has set me
free from the law of sin and death.

righteousness #6662 tsaddiyq (from just) = lawful, just, righteous
salvation #3468 yesha = to be safe, delivered, rescue
condemnation #2631 katakaina (from an adverse sentence) = condemnation
law #3551 nomos = law, regulation, Mosaic law
sin #266 harmartia = (from to miss the mark) = offense, sin
death #2288 thanatos = death
Spirit #4151 pneuma (from current of air, breath) = spirit, life, ghost

*****
The law of sin and death was the rules and their consequences that were handed down from God to Moses. They included the ten commandments in Exodus 20 and all the other laws in Leviticus.

The law of the Spirit comes through Jesus who was sinless, took on our sin, died on the cross, fulfilled the righteous requirement of death. He exchanged
His righteousness for our sinfulness. Now, if we wear the garment of salvation (having been saved through belief in Jesus),
we also wear the robe of Jesus' righteousness.

The bottom line to all of this: God loves, approves, and delights in us!
Don't accept Satan's lie that you are still a rotten sinner,
you are a righteous child of God.


one thousand gifts
#132 letters of thanks
#133 reconnecting with Matt
#134 sharing life with Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment