September 12, 2011

peace and quiet




"Receive My peace. It is My continual gift to you. The best way to receive this gift is to sit quietly in My presence trusting Me in every area of your life. Quietness and trust accomplish far more that you can imagine..."
Jesus Calling

John 14:27 Peace I leave to you, My peace I give to you. I don't give what the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

Isaiah 30:15 This is what the Sovereign Lord, the Holy One of Israel says, "In repentance and rest is your salvation, in quietness and trust is you strength...

*****

Peace and quietness are gifts from God. How often do we unwrap these gift? I'm not talking about relaxing with a good book or watching TV or listening to music. I am talking about peace and quietness. Quietness, in our busy loud world, this is almost a foreign word to us. Today let's try to sit in quietness with God. Peace will surely also be present. We might even be able to hear God speak in the quietness.


one thousand gifts
#146 sunshine and rain
#147 Matt and Hardware stores
#148 peace and quiet
#149 God's voice in the silence

No comments:

Post a Comment