October 31, 2011

other's hearts are also holy ground


"Learn to listen to Me even while you are listening to others. As they open up their souls to your scrutiny, you are on holy ground. You need the help of My Spirit to respond appropriately. Ask Him to think through you, live through you, love through you."
Jesus Calling by Sarah Young

Exodus 3:5 Then He said, "Do not come near here; remove your sandals from your feet for the place that you are standing is holy ground."

I Corinthians 6:19 or do you knot know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit who is in you, whom you have from God, and that you are not your own.

*****

I have know that the Holy Spirit lives in those who have accepted Christ as the Savior and that makes us the temple of God. I have never thought about when Christians open their hearts to you that you are standing on holy ground. I am to know that I am in the presence of God and respond accordingly: with awe, respect, and love. Today let me recognize holy places in others.

one thousand gifts
258. gentle rain in the middle of the night
259. relief from a migraine
260. clean floors
261. holy ground in my heart and the heart of others

No comments:

Post a Comment