October 1, 2011

worshipful rest

"Worship Me only. I am King of kings, Lord of lords, dwelling in unapproachable Light. I am taking care of you! I am not only committed to caring for you, but I am absolutely capable of doing so. Rest in Me, My weary one, for this is a form of worship." Jesus Calling by Sarah Young

Matthew 11:28 Come to me all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.

*****

When is rest a form of worship?

Is it when I realize that I am weary from chasing my own goals and desires, decide to stop all the needless running, come back to God and His plan for my life, and rest in Him? This is worshiping who God is: the King of kings, Lord of lords, and my sovereign Father; and worshiping Him by trusting Him with my life.

Today, let's stop all all needless scurrying around and find worshipful rest.


one thousand gifts
191. a day of no dizziness
192. another sunset
193. shabby chic shower curtains and towels... being loved in the details

1 comment:

  1. What beautiful thoughts Mary! Just what I needed to read today and I'm 'resting' with a heating pad and Tylenol. Are you SURE you don't want to go camping? There's room for one more....: -)

    ReplyDelete