October 4, 2011

my first "wall"

So last night I hit my first "wall" in this new lifestyle of eating healthy. I wanted chocolate and I wanted it by the bagful! I was ready to ditch this protein, vegetables, and fruits thing and dive head first into a vat of chocolate. I'm happy to report that there was no eating bagfuls of candy or chocolate vat jumping, but I can't say that I am completely over the desire. This week my weight has gone up 2 pounds, down 1 pound, up 1 pound... all this while I am eating healthy food in appropriate proportions. I know that women have more fluctuating of weight because of water retention, but it is still very discouraging! I should have lost 2 pounds instead of gained them. I know that I still have a couple of days before my official weigh in, but I'm still feeling down about it.

The solution is to forget how I am feeling right now, these feelings are not based on facts. These feelings are based on lies that tell me it's not worth it to eat healthy, I won't lose weight and won't feel better. The truth is that I will lose weight eating healthy and I will have more energy and feel better.
The feelings are also telling me that I am missing some comfort that I used to get from the chocolate eating. I need to figure out if I want the chocolate to comfort me because I'm not losing weight this week or if it is something else that I need comforted for. Then I need to find a better way to comfort myself.

Any suggestions?

No comments:

Post a Comment