October 5, 2011

joy

"Remember that Joy is not dependent on circumstances. True joy is a by-product of living in My Presence." from Jesus Calling by Sarah Young

Habakkuk 3:17-19 Though the fig tree not bud and there is no grapes on the vine, though the olive crop fails and the fields produce no food, thought there are no sheep in the pen and no cattle in the stalls, yet I will rejoice in the LORD. I will be joyful in God my Savior. The Sovereign LORD is my strength: He makes my feet like hinds feet, He enables me to go on high places.

I Chronicles 16:27 Splendor and majesty are before Him, strength and joy in His dwelling place.

*****

Though my teeth hurt and I get sick when I go shopping, though my towels don't match and my hair needs cut... pretty petty things when compared to failed crops and no cattle. How can I not choose joy. But, maybe it's harder to choose joy when almost everything is going well--we accept happiness instead. We don't seek God's presence and miss the joy. Today I choose joy!


one thousand gifts
203. geese eating in the fields
204. errands with Kelly and Amelia
205. Amelia super model
206. the top down on the Solara on October 4
207 joy

No comments:

Post a Comment