October 9, 2011

complaining

"Complaining to others...opens the door to deadly sins such as self pity and rage. Whenever you are tempted to grumble, come to Me and talk it out. As you open up to Me, I will put My thoughts in your mind and My song in your heart.

Jeremiah 31:25 I will refresh the weary and satisfy the faint.

Philippians 2:14-15 Do all things without complaining or arguing, so that you may become blameless and pure children of God without fault in a crooked and depraved generation, in which you shine like stars in the universe.

*****

Right after I write a long blog about how disappointed I am over this weekend and how sick I have felt, I read today's devotion. Now I'm wondering what the difference is between being disappointed and talking about it or complaining. Is there a difference? What do you think?

one thousand gifts
210. Benedryl and Hydrocodone
211. family
212. Fellipo's Pizza
213. weddings and receptions with friends and family to help celebrate


No comments:

Post a Comment