October 4, 2011

the Holy Spirit

"...Be awed by the Power and Glory of My Spirit within you! Though the Holy Spirit is infinite, He deigns to be your helper. He is always ready to offer assistance; all you need to do is ask. Never neglect this glorious Source of strength within you." from Jesus Calling

John 14:16-17 And I will ask the Father and He will give you another counselor, to be with you forever--the Spirit of Truth. The world cannot accept Him, because it neither sees Him nor knows Him. But you know Him, for He lives with you and will be in you.

*****

The Holy Spirit: powerful, glorious, infinite, helpful, counselor, the strength within us forever. Why do I often ignore my greatest resource? Today I will try to be less self-sufficient and rely on someone who really is sufficient. How about you?

one thousand gifts
200. Amelia dancing
201. West Wing with Andy
202. the Holy Spirit, comforter and guide

No comments:

Post a Comment