October 21, 2011

rebellion

"To live in My Presence consistently, you must expose and expel your rebellious tendencies. When something interferes with your plans or desires; you tend to resent the interference...The ultimate solution to rebellious tendencies is submission to My sovereignty, without which the world would be a terrifying place. But when My sovereign will encroaches on your little domain of control, you often react with telltale resentment. The best response to losses or thwarted hopes is praise: 'The Lord gives and the Lord takes away. Blessed be the name of the Lord.'" Jesus Calling

Psalm 139:23-24 Search me, O God and know my heart. Try me and know my thoughts; and see if there is any hurtful way in me and lead me in the everlasting way.

Job 1:21 Naked I came from my mother's womb and naked I shall return there. The Lord gave and the Lord has taken away. Blessed be the name of the Lord.

*****

God's sovereignty or my control--Why would I ever resent when my loving Father has a better plan than mine? ... yet I often do. God forgive me my arrogance and open my eyes to You and what You are unwrapping for me.
*****

one thousand gifts
241. phone call from Deborah
242. water, pure and fresh to drink

No comments:

Post a Comment