October 9, 2011

disappointed

My nephew Luke and Rachel got married on 9-10-11 in the Bahamas and they were having a reception this weekend. I have been really looking forward to the reception. This year I have not made it to Illinois nearly as often as I had planned and I have really been missing my family and friends. This was going to be a great opportunity to see a lot of them, plus dancing and cake... it doesn't get better than that!

First I spent several weeks debating about what outfit to wear. I knew I wouldn't go too fancy, but wanted something that looked nice. I finally found a white sweater set to wear with black pants and of course my pearls would add a little class to the outfit. Check. Next on the list was a hair cut. I would rather have Lindsey cut my hair, but figured the schedule would be too tight, so I got my hair cut here. Check. Since I only have grey flats and black heels, next I needed a new pair of shoes. Last Thursday I finally got out to look for them. I found a cute little pair of flats with some bling on the toes. Check. Packed up on Thursday night... ready to go.

Unfortunately, over the last few weeks my front tooth has been hurting me. I had gotten a new crown put on the tooth and it had been aching ever since. Well, it started out as an ache over the weeks it was getting worse. On Thursday morning I decided that if there was any way for the dentist to get me in I better get it checked out. Found out I have a cracked root canal and it is infected. I will need to have surgery and have an implant put in... oh fun... but hey I have this weekend to enjoy, so I'll think about that later. But there is still that little problem of the pain. So Dr. H gives me prescriptions for Hydrocodone and Penicillin. Check.

We wake up early Friday morning (after I have already be up twice in the night to hit the Hydrocodone) finish packing and get on the road. We are going to stop at the Original Pancake House in Fishers to start this trip out right! This is the beginning of the snags... We get in a traffic jam. It takes us 30 minutes longer than it should to get there. Add to that I am waiting to get some food in my stomach before I take my pain pill and antibiotic...by the time we get to the restaurant I am in tears.

We finish our breakfast, which I can't really enjoy because I am in pain. Oh well, I now have the medicine in me and it will start to take affect in say an hour. Arg!! We hit the road. After several minutes, I start to itch... then my lip starts to swell, my body breaks out in hive bumps. I am having an allergic reaction to something. Thankfully, I carry Benedryl with me. So I take a few of those pills. They will take affect in 30 minutes. So we are driving a long and my teeth hurt and my face is covered in hives and I am itching.. Oh, well it's bound to get better. But wait, because I was taking so many other drugs I didn't take any Dramamine... you guessed it... now I start to get car sick.

By the time I hit CU my teeth are hurting again, my face has a green cast to it, with red bumps. Oh well, I had arrived in time to get my nails done with Pat and Rachel and then meet Mom and Patty for lunch. That will be fun. But as I'm sitting waiting for my turn, I just get sicker and sicker. I can't stay to get my nails done after all. I have to go to my Dad's house and lie down. Unfortunately, he is not home when Pat takes me there so I lie down on his front porch and wait for him. Of course, Pat wouldn't leave me there alone. So she and Rachel are late for lunch while we wait for Tom to arrive with the key. I figure I will go in an sleep a little bit and then join them later.

I miss lunch all together. I finally am feeling Okay by around 3pm so Tom and I drive to the Hinton's to look at wedding video and pictures and to have pizza and celebrate Derek's birthday. My teeth are still hurting some and its time for more meds. I take the Hydrocodone and Penicillin again and you guessed it, I have another reaction (I have never had a reaction to medicines before, only to insecticides, so I didn't know that the meds where the reason for my allergic reaction!) I take some more Benedryl, but the reaction is pretty bad, so I have to leave early to go to Walgreens and buy some liquid Benedryl to chug. Then we head to Tuscola to spend the night with Mom. By the time I arrive in Tuscola my teeth are again hurting, my face is a little green with red bumps... I have had enough fun for one day and head to bed! Saturday has to be better.

Well, it's not. I spend the day between being nauseous or in pain. Thankfully, I tried taking the Hydrocodone and Penicillin at different times and there were no more allergic reactions. It is now time to go to the party. The Reception room looks great. A little of the Bahamas look... Sparkly lights on the ceiling, candles on the tables, and flip flops for everyone to wear. Too cute. Rachel is gorgeous in her dress. Pat looks great in her dress. Everyone is ready to party, but me... I am still nauseous and getting hotter. We didn't even make it to the cupcakes. Tom and I had to leave. We rode half of the way home with the top down on the Solara to help me cool off.

I didn't even get any pictures of the weekend. Just this shot that I took when I got home. My two highlights of a disappointing weekend...my shoes and the flip flops!




No comments:

Post a Comment