August 2, 2011

the weekend

Yes, I know that it is already Tuesday, but I am going to write about last weekend. I finally got to Champaign-Urbana-Mahomet... or as I usually write C-U-M. I had planned to drive to Illinois much more often than I have. I really miss everyone, but especially in this heat, I just want to stay at home. Last weekend I didn't really have a choice. I needed to be there.

On Saturday, we celebrated Brooke's 2nd birthday. We met at Jupiters for pizza and cake. Luke and Rachel had obviously been working with Brooke on blowing out candles, but they must have forgotten to tell her she was to wait until the end of our singing "Happy Birthday!" We had just gotten out "Happy Birthday to you" and whoosh Brooke blew out the candle. There wasn't even time to get a good picture of her, the cake, and the lit candle! We all just laughed, re-lit the candle, held Brooke back, took photos, and then let her blow out her candle again.

When I wrote "We...took photos" I was using that term for the general crowd. I made sure to pack my camera so that I could get some good pictures to share, but forgot to check on the battery. I left it at home, being recharged. I am just not very good at this taking pictures thing.

I had planned to spend the night with my mom, but she had made plans to go out with her friends to listen to one of their favorite bands... now I ask you, isn't there something wrong with that whole picture?!! It worked out just fine, I asked my dad if it was OK if I stayed at his house and luckily his Saturday night wasn't booked.

On Sunday, Patty and I had a bridal shower for Rachel. Again, no battery=no pictures. Kelly, Andy, and Amelia drove over that morning so that Kelly and Amelia could be at the shower. There were several women that couldn't make it, but I think Rachel appreciated the shower and was pleased with her gifts. That's all that really counts.

One thousand gifts
#22 sweet time of prayer on my drive to Illinois
#23 the voices of Michael Buble', Josh Grobin, and George Beverly Shay
#25 a too short visit with Autie
#26 loving and being loved by family
#27 the stories and laughter of Steve

No comments:

Post a Comment