July 29, 2011

new chiropractor

I was in serious need of chiropractic work. I really liked my chiropractor in Illinois, Hubert Willis, but it was too hard for me to get to Mahomet on Friday before he closed. So the last time I got adjusted was almost nine months ago. I was having pain in my neck, arm, back, and hip. Tom got tired of me complaining, so he found a clinic here and made an appointment for today at 12:00.

Unfortunately, last night Tom was hooking up a pipe from the faucet on the south side of our house to a spigot in the front (just another little surprise, although there are flower beds and a pretty large front yard--there was no faucet on the front of the house, but that is really another story) and he pulled his neck. He couldn't even turn his head. So we decided that he needed my appointment more than I did.

I drove him to the office. When we got theren the receptionist told me that the chiropractor had time to work on me, too! Yeah!! It is always strange starting out with a new chiropractor. I mean after all he is going to have his hands all over you! Ended up that the receptionist is the wife of the chiropractor and they were both very nice...even if he did say that my back was really messed up--yikes!

Tom can now turn his head a little, but were not sure that it will be enough for him to be able to fly tomorrow to Germany. My hip, back and arm feel a little better, but my neck is really hurting. That is just the way it is when I haven't had work done in a long time, I feel worse before I feel better. I figure it will take about 7 adjustments to get my whole back feeling Okay. No telling how many visits for Tom. But at least we have gotten started on our road to no pain!

Today's devotion in "Jesus Calling" was about God being the anchor of our soul. Just like a boat needs to be anchored down, our souls do also... otherwise, we are able to be destroyed in the storms of life. The scripture was Hebrews 6:19 We have this hope as an anchor to our soul, firm and secure.

One Thousand Gifts:
#17 new chiropractor
#18 new flip flops with beads, on sale!
#19 air-conditioning on these steamy days

No comments:

Post a Comment