August 11, 2011

Come to Me

Jesus Calling:

"Come to Me. Come to Me. Come to Me. This is my continual invitation to you, proclaimed in holy whispers...Open yourself to my loving Presence, so that I may fill you with My fullness."

*** That just thrills me to think that in a holy whisper that Jesus is calling me to come to Him! That He wants to fill me to His fullness not to my fullness.

John 6:37 All the Father gives Me will come with Me and whoever comes to Me I will never drive away.

Ephesians 3:16-19 I pray that out of His glorious riches, He may strengthen you with power through His Spirit in your inner being, so that Christ may dwell in you hearts through faith. I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, may have the power with the saints, to grasp how wide and how long and high and deep is the love of Christ, and to know this surpasses knowledge, that you may be filled to the measure of all fullness of God.

***This power is not to do anything, but to grasp how much God loves us and to be filled with that love to the fullness of God!

***Yesterday while driving back from Omaha, Tom and I were listening to a sermon on the radio. The pastor was speaking on the importance of sharing the gospel (the good news about Jesus). He said that when we were talking to someone about this that we should start with "All have sinned and fall short of the glory of God. You are not good enough for God." I know that this is the beginning of the "Romans Road"-- a way of sharing the gospel, but I believe were God would want us to start the conversation with John 3:16 For God so loved the world..." God loves us very much and knows that we have a broken relationship with Him. Jesus died to pay for our sins and to restore our relationship with God. That is Good News!

one thousand gifts

1 comment:

  1. I wholeheartedly agree with how to start the conversation about salvation. John 3:16 begins the conversation with love...the Eph. verse starts with sin...

    ReplyDelete