August 16, 2011

mornings with God

"Meet Me in the early morning splendor, I eagerly await you here. In the stillness of this holy time with Me I renew your strength and saturate you with peace." Jesus Calling

##If you know me well, you know that early mornings for me used to mean from midnight to around 4am. Over the last several years, I am sleeping more at night, so my early mornings are more from 8am-10am. I know for some of you this is mid-day! I would like to be more of a morning person. I know from staying awake all night several times, that the sunrise is beautiful
and those early hours are peaceful. Maybe over the next few years God will wake me earlier to meet with Him. When is your "early morning"?

Isa 40:31 but those who hope (wait) upon the LORD will renew their strength, they will soar like on eagles wings, they will run and not be weary, they will walk and not faint.

Psalm 27:4 One thing I ask of the LORD, this is what I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the LORD and serve Him in His temple.

## David's desire was to dwell in God's sanctuary everyday. David was from the tribe of Judah not Levi--so he could not enter the Holy place in the Temple and definitely could not enter the Holy of Holies. It was enough for him to be able to even enter the gates to the outer court. We don't even have to ask permission to go into His temple because through Jesus--we are the temple. The Spirit of God lives in us. Amazing!

Phillipians 4:8 Finally brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable--if anything is excellent or praiseworthy--think about these things.

## If this is what we think about, the words coming out of our mouths should also be true, noble, right, pure, lovely, admirable, excellent and praiseworthy!

one thousand gifts:

#68 fallen naked ladies (amaryllis) standing tall and fragrant in a vase
#69 Matt's new job as Assistant Manager at Uncommon Ground
#70 dinner made by Kelly
#71 sharing Andy's peanut butter pie made for "Andy week" by Kelly

No comments:

Post a Comment