August 27, 2011

Pure Pleasure

"Spend time with Me for the pure pleasure of being in My company. I can brighten up the dullest of gray days; I add sparkle to the routine of your daily life." Jesus Calling

Psalm 63:7-8 Because You are my help, I sing in the shadow of Your wings. My soul clings to You. Your right hand upholds me.

Psalm 100:4-5 Enter His gates with thanksgiving and His courts with praise; give thanks to Him and praise His name. For the LORD is good and His love endures forever. His faithfulness continues through all generations.

**Time spent with God is meant to be pure pleasure. Being with God should produce joy--leading to singing and praising. There are times when we are in His Presence that we are reminded of the sin in our life which saddens us, but God doesn't leave us there. He forgives us...which leads to thanksgiving, praise, and joy!

Let's make sure that today we spend long enough with God that our hearts get to the place of pure pleasure.

Two other quick thoughts on these verses. In verse Psalm 63:7, the writer used the picture of a bird in the shadow of his parent's wing. I recently purchased some small note cards that had pictures of swans. Probably my favorite picture is of a baby under the wings of mother. That is where I want to stay, under God's wing... protected, loved, peaceful, and joyful!

In verse 5 of Psalm 100, David states that God's faithfulness continues through all generations. I recently heard several young women discussing whether it was the right thing to do to bring children into this evil world. I think this verse answers that...God is faithful through all generations. He didn't stop being God with our generation, or theirs, He is God of all generations!

one thousand gifts:
#102 friends bringing bouquets of love for Robin
#103 the smell and feeling of clean hair

No comments:

Post a Comment