August 16, 2011

unknown flowers



Several days ago, Amelia picked a flower that had just budded. I had no idea what it was. Several days later more stalks grew up, then flowers opened. This is them.





Last week-end we had a terrible storm and it blew them all down. Now they are inside in a vase. They are very fragrant. I think they may be a variety of amaryllis. Kelly talked to a friend and she said they are naked lilies (I keep calling them bare naked lilies...I guess after the band bare naked ladies!) Anyone know what they are for sure? Let me know!






Whatever they are they definitely are on my
one thousand gifts list!!

Hope you are having a great day!

2 comments:

  1. They seem to be Lycoris squamigera or the common names: Surprise Lily, Magic Lily, and Resurrection Lily. It is also sometimes referred to as Naked Ladies. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lycoris_squamigera

    ReplyDelete