August 18, 2011

rest in the shadow of My Protective Providing Presence

" Anticipate coming face to face with impossibilities: situations totally beyond your ability to handle... It is precisely where I want you--the best place to encounter Me in MY glory and power...cry out to Me! Watch Me working on your behalf, as you rest in the shadow of My Almighty Presence." Jesus Calling

Revelations 19:1 After this I heard what sounded like a roar of a great multitude in heaven shouting: "Hallelujah! Salvation and glory and power belong to the Lord our God.

Psalm 91:1 He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty.

##Yesterday I wrote about being in the midst of an impossible situation, a maelstrom. Today I am focusing on "resting in the shadow of My Almighty Presence". In these scriptures we read 4 names for God. Names in the Bible were extremely important, usually declaring the nature or an attribute of the one named. Let's look at what those 4 names tell us about God.

Rev. 19:1
Lord in the Greek is the word kurios. It comes from the word meaning supreme authority. Kurios means God, Lord, Master. When we use this term we are acknowledging God as our Lord and Master-- it is us bowing to His authority over us.

God in the Greek is the word theos. Theos means Supreme Deity, God. There is none superior to our God.

Revelations is telling us salvation, glory, and power belong to our Master, the Supreme God. We have nothing to fear when we put our trust in the Lord our God.

Psalm 91:1
Almighty in Hebrew is Shadday. Strong's Concordance says that shadday comes from the word #7703, shadad, pronounced shaw-dad, which means burly one. And that shadday means Almighty. I have also read that shadday may come from the word #7699, shad which means breast... thus shadday means Provider. I believe that you can add the two meanings together and have God our Protecting Provider. I get the picture of a breast feeding mother--nothing is as fierce in protection and as tender in her providing for the needs of her child.

I hope that this brings you joy and comfort to know that you are in the loving arms of God!

One thousand gifts:
#76 haircuts that make me feel renewed
#77 an old man with spindly white legs wearing short shorts that made me chuckle as I drove by
#78 Amelia helping me water my plants
#79 the sprinkler twirling water droplets

No comments:

Post a Comment