August 25, 2011

God is the I am, Yahweh

I am the eternal I am. I always have been and always will be. In My Presence you experience Love and Light, Peace and Joy. I am intimately involved in all your moments, and I am training you to be aware of me at all times.” Jesus Calling

Exodus 3:14 God said to Moses, “I am who I am. This is what you are to say to the Israelites: 'I am has sent me to you.'”

I Corinthians 3:16 Do you not know that you are God's temple and the Spirit lives in you.

Psalm 25:14-15 The Lord (Yahweh) confides in those who fear Him; He makes His covenant known to them. My eyes are ever on Yahweh, for only He will release my feet from the snares.

I am is Yahweh in the Hebrew. The Israelites believed that this name for God was too holy to say out loud or even write, so they would spell it or write it as YHWH. Because of what Jesus did for us on the cross, we are now children of God not servants. We have no reason to fear God or fear calling Him by His name, the I am—Yahweh.

Yahweh has always been, will always be. Yahweh is eternal in His existence, eternal in His holiness, eternal in His creativity, eternal in His sovereignty, eternal in His Presence, eternal in His supremacy. God is also eternal in His Character; loving, gracious, merciful, faithful, kind, just, sufficient...

What a God we have as our Father. Yahweh!


One thousand gifts

#96 my Father is Yahweh

#97 being nurses Florence and Floyd Nightingale for Robin

No comments:

Post a Comment