August 22, 2011

trust God

"Trust Me and don't be afraid. I want you to view trials as exercises designed to develop your trust-muscle. When you start to feel afraid, affirm your trust in Me. Speak out loud, if the circumstances permit. Refresh yourself in My Holy Presence. Speak or sing praises to Me, and My Face will shine radiantly upon you. Trust Me, and don't be afraid: for I am your Strength, Song, Salvation. from Jesus Calling

James 4:7 Submit yourselves, then, to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.

Isaiah 12:2 Surely God is my salvation, I will trust and not be afraid. The LORD, the LORD, is my strength and my song; He has become my salvation.

When I am afraid:
1. affirm my trust in God by remembering:
His character
His help to me and those I know in times past
His help to those in the scriptures
2. speak a loud my faith
3. resist Satan
4. refresh myself in God's presence:
speaking to Him
singing to Him

Results:
1. Satan will flee
2. God's face will shine on me
3. I will no longer be afraid

Do you suffer from fear? What do you fear the most? Take time this morning to talk to God about your fears.

one thousand gifts:

#87 sunshine this morning
#88 sonshine in my heart

No comments:

Post a Comment