August 25, 2011

nearness to Jesus

I am all around you, hovering over you even as you seek My face. I am nearer than you dare believe, closer than the air you breath. If My children could only recognize My Presence, they would never feel alone again...Be blessed by My intimate nearness. Since I live in you, let Me also live through you, shining My Light into darkness.”

from Jesus Calling


Psalm 139:1-4 O Lord, You have searched me and You know me. When I sit and when I rise; You perceive my thoughts from afar. You discern my going out and lying down; You are familiar with all my ways. Before a word is on my tongue You know it completely, O Lord.

Ephesians 2:13 But now in Christ Jesus you who once was far away have been brought near through the blood of Christ.

II Corinthians 5:21 God mad Him who had no sin to be sin for us, so that in Him we might become the righteousness of God.

**Today I was sitting at the hospital while my friend Robin has surgery. In the waiting area there were ten friends of Robin's whom had chosen to spend their day at the hospital to be a support for her and her husband Boh. We had the opportunity to pray with her before her surgery. Then came the time of waiting.

She was in pre-op for several hours before surgery and then the surgery took 2 hours. When the doctor was finished, he was confident that he had removed all the scar tissue and that after a recovery time of several weeks, she will have no more pain. While she was in post-op, they were having trouble getting her pain under control and decided to have her spend the night at the hospital. She should be able to come home tomorrow morning.

There was important healing going on in the OR today, but I also believe there was important healing going on in the waiting area. Healing that comes when people share their lives with each other. We shared concerns, struggles, triumphs, and hopes. And all during that time, Jesus was blessing us with His intimate nearness. Grace upon grace.


One thousand gifts:

#93 meeting new sisters in Christ

#94 surgeons who remove scar tissue from our bodies

#95 Jesus who removes scar tissue from our hearts



No comments:

Post a Comment