August 30, 2011

sitting quietly

"Demonstrate your trust in Me by sitting quietly in My Presence. Put aside all that is waiting to be done, and refuse to worry about anything. This sacred time together strengthens you and prepares you to face whatever the day will bring." Jesus Calling

Proverbs 16:3 Commit to the LORD whatever you do,and your plans will succeed.

**When I think of having quiet time with God, I think of time spent reading the Bible or a Christian book, or time spent in prayer, or even times of personal worship where I may sing praise songs to God. I have to admit I rarely think of ,me. I don't think of myself as being much of a doer, yet I have trouble just sitting quietly. Why is it that I am much more comfortable talking to God than to spend time listening for Him to speak to me?

I am sitting outside enjoying this beautiful afternoon and I am going to try to listen for God. I am going to try and just enjoy His presence. I'll let you know how it goes!


P.S.

I lasted about 5 minutes and then was back to reading. I will need to spend more time on this discipline of quietness!

one thousand gifts

#107 Stromboli followed by turtle pie

#108 friends praying over me

#109 the process of mourning

#110 hope

No comments:

Post a Comment