August 26, 2011

God's Ballet

"Trust Me in the midst of a messy day. Your inner calm-- your Peace in My Presence--need not be shaken by what is going on around you...Instead of desperately striving to maintain order and control in your little world, relax and remember that circumstances cannot touch My peace."
Jesus Calling

John 16:33 I have told you these things, so that in Me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart, I have overcome the world.

Psalm 105:4 Look to the Lord and His strength, seek His face always.

John 14:27 Peace I give to you; My peace I give to you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

**Stop striving to maintain control...One of the ladies I spent the day at the hospital with was Sally. Sally is a dancer and teaches dance class. She has had several hard years. She was telling us that some one gave her the advice to "stop writing Sally ballets, because no one is going to play their part right." I thought this was so true. Isn't a lot of the stress we feel because others aren't playing their part in our ballet the way we wrote it. Maybe yours isn't a ballet, maybe yours is a play or a story or just a list of how everyone should behave. What ever the case, we need to realize that we are not the writer of this life--we are only fellow dancers. God is the writer and we need to focus on what He has written for us to do and look for how His plot is unfolding around us!

Today, let's just dance!


one thousand gifts
#98 preparing one of Robin's favorite meals
#99 chocolate covered apples
#100 the privilege of dancing in God's ballet

No comments:

Post a Comment