August 4, 2011

Hold My Hand

"Hold My hand, and walk joyously with Me through this day. Together we will savor the pleasures and endure the difficulties it brings. Be on the lookout for everything I have prepared for you: stunning scenery, bracing winds of adventure, cozy nooks for resting when you are weary, and much more."
"Jesus Calling" devotion for August 4th

John 14:6 Jesus answered "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except by me.

Colossians 4:2 Devote yourself to prayer, being watchful and thankful.

I love it when God is calling to me and telling me some truth. He usually uses several sources. Today's reading in "Jesus Calling" says the same things that "One Thousand Gifts" says: God loves us intimately and wants to walk with us through our life. There are so many blessings and gifts that He gives us daily that we just don't see or ignore or don't recognize as being from Him. I am on a journey of opening my eyes and my heart to Him. I hope that you are with me on this journey, because there is nothing like walking hand in hand with Jesus.

* Kelly, I think the "cozy nook for resting when you are weary" is especially for you. Hope you are enjoying your day.

** Felicia, I am praying for your family in the loss of your Grandma. I hope that you are feeling Jesus' comforting hand in yours.

One Thousand Gifts
#34 the giving heart of Tom
#35 marshmallow clouds floating by
#36 a gentle breeze blowing through the weeping willow


No comments:

Post a Comment