November 29, 2011

water in the desert

"In this age of independence, people find it hard to acknowledge their neediness. However I have taken you along a path that has highlighted your need for Me; placing you in situations where you strengths were irrelevant and your weaknesses were glaringly evident. Through the aridity of those desert marches, I have drawn you closer and closer to Myself. You have discovered flowers of Peace blossoming in the most desolate places.

Isaiah 58:11 The LORD will continually guide you and satisfy your desire in scorched places and give strength to your bones; and you will be like a watered garden, and like a spring of water whose waters do not fail.

*****

It is easy to look back on the desert places in my life and see how God cared for me and carried me through, but I think it is harder to recognize God's care when you are in the middle of the desert. Is that where you are now--at the end of your strength and overwhelmed by your weaknesses? Take time today to feel God's presence in your life and recognize how He is providing living water to your parched soul.

one thousand gifts
321. Tom feeling better
322. a visit to my chiropractor

No comments:

Post a Comment