November 20, 2011

copying pictures

I am spending this gloomy Sunday afternoon working on my photograph project. I am working on getting all of my photos copied onto my computer and put on flickr. So far I had years 1978-1997, 2009, 2010, and the pictures we've taken so far this year.Today, I copied year 1998. It's kind of a tedious project. I can only scan 4 pictures at one time. Then I have to put them in a folder and write a description for each one. Then I copy the whole bunch to flickr. The upside is looking at old photos and reliving fun memories. In 1998 we went on a Caribbean cruise with our good friends Randy and Cathie Stalter and their kids Aaron and Alex. It was quite an adventure. Alex broke his arm the day before we were to leave. We ran into a snow storm on the drive down to New Orleans and almost didn't make it it time. Cathie had arrange a private boat trip to swim with the sting rays in Grand Cayman that involved walking about a mile and waiting across from a bread company... I was sure that we would be kidnapped, but all was well and we had a great time!! That year was Andy's junior year, so there was prom and induction to Spanish honor society. We visited Tom's mom several times that year and she spent Christmas with us. This was also a year that we had our dog Tucker, so he made it into several pictures. Lot's of memories of family gatherings at Christmas time also. Here are a few pictures from that year:



Randy, Cathie, Aaron, Andy, Matt, Alex, Tom and I on cruise



swimming with sting rays



Tom, Tucker, Matt, and Grandma Faye at her house



Matt's 11th birthday


Andy and Dawn Coyne dressed for their junior prom


Ryan Burner, Andy, Dawn Coyne celebrating Andy's 17th birthday


Tom and his mom Faye




sitting around the table at Bob and Mom's on Christmas Day
Movie night: Dawn, Andy, Matt, and Tom


No comments:

Post a Comment