November 3, 2011

thwarted plans

"Every time something thwarts your plans or desires, use that as a reminder to communicate with Me... disappointments, instead of dragging you down, are transformed into opportunities for good... When you re-frame setbacks as opportunities, you find you gain more than you have lost." Jesus Calling by Sarah Young

Colossians 4:2 Devote yourselves to prayer, keeping alert in it with an attitude of thanksgiving.

Philippians 3:7-8 But whatever things were gain to me, those things I have counted as loss for the sake of Christ. More than that, I count all things to be loss in view of the surpassing value of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord, for whom I have suffered the loss of all things , and count them but rubbish that I may gain Christ.

*****

Disappointments are part of this life. God doesn't ask us not to feel disappointment or to gloss over loss. He asks us to come to Him, to communicate with Him about what we are feeling and why. He understands our disappointment over things that have not happened as we had hoped. He will share His heart with us--often letting us see His better plan. No this doesn't always happen immediately, but with time and trust we will see the gain of His plan.


one thousand gifts
269. yummy broccoli soup on a rainy day
270. a warm dry home
271. God's better plan for my life

No comments:

Post a Comment