February 2, 2012

what's my focus

"I am renewing your mind. When you thoughts flow freely, they tend to move toward problems. Your focus gets snagged on a given problem, circling round and round it in attempts to gain mastery. Your energy is drained away from other matters through this negative focus. Worst of all, you lose sight of Me. A renewed mind is Presence-focused. Train you mind to see Me in every moment, every situation." Jesus Calling

Psalm 105:4 Seek the Lord and His strength. Seek His face continually.

*****

Word I really needed to hear this morning. I am starting a new diet program and it has me focused on it instead of God... and it is stealing my peace. I do need to diet and I do need to focus on changing what I eat, but it can not be the be all and end all of who I am and what I think about! How about you, is there something that is stealing your focus off of God? Today lets commit to keeping God front and center.


one thousand gifts

501. pictures of Pam's back yard
502. a walk in the sunshine
503. the blues and pinks of a beautiful sunset


No comments:

Post a Comment