February 4, 2012

leanness lifestyle


As I mentioned in this mornings blog, I am starting a new diet/lifestyle. It is called the Leanness Lifestyle. I have read on Jayme's blog about her weight loss journey over the last year. She didn't go into great details, but it sounded like it was comprehensive, including not only a healthy diet, but exercise. Not only that, but she was succeeding in losing weight. Go Jayme!

Once a year the Leanness Lifestyle University offers an online boot camp for 100 people. Jayme had participated last year and was encouraging others to sign up for this years. I have thought about it for the last several months, but just couldn't decide if it would be too hardcore for me. And to tell you the truth, I didn't investigate that much into it. So Monday rolls around and its the day to sign up. I again was waffling and then just decided to do it. So I did.

I was accepted into the boot camp and spent Tuesday trying to get familiar with the website. Pretty much getting more worried and regretting my spur of the moment decision!

Wednesday I realized that this truly was a leanness diet... meaning low fat and that the low carbohydrate/high protein (read high fat) diet that I had been on wasn't going to mesh. So I made the decision to try and get on board with the leanness diet. Several issues I will have to overcome, but mainly I am going to have to learn to like vegetables. Up to this point in my life, I have had a hate relationship with vegetables! For now I am simply telling myself that I don't have to like them, I just have to eat them. But I am sure hoping that over time my taste buds will awaken to their goodness... I don't want to be gagging down my broccoli the rest of my life.

Thursday and Friday went fairly smoothly. It is hard to get in the habit of logging everything I eat and I am having some difficulty with their logging program, but figure I'll get the hang of it soon.

Today. On my to do list today was a reminder that we needed to have a scale that measures in the tenth of a pound. Now I have a nice scale, but it only measures to the half pound. I start to decide it is good enough and then remind myself that I am trying to do this program to the best of my ability. So I run to Walmart and buy a new scale. Now I hit a major snag. I weigh about 5 more pounds on it than I do my old scale. Now it feels like I have to lose those same 5 pounds over again! Arrgg! Plus it means I have been 5 pounds heavier than I thought, Yikes!!


No comments:

Post a Comment