February 4, 2012

planning and peace

"Bring Me your weakness, and receive My Peace. Accept yourself and your circumstances just as they are, remembering that I am sovereign over everything. Do no wear yourself out with analyzing and planning. Instead, let thankfulness and trust be your guides through this day; they will keep you close to Me." Jesus Calling by Sarah Young

Psalm 29:11 The Lord will give strength to His people; the Lord will bless His people with peace.

*****

Two thoughts this morning. First we are not to wear ourselves out with analyzing and planning. I don't think it is saying not to analyze and plan, but not to wear ourselves out. Right now I am starting a new diet/lifestyle plan (more on this on another post) and at the beginning of any new venture there needs to be analyzing and planning. I just need to be careful, giving the appropriate amount of time and energy to change some habits, but not let it take precedent over my devotion to God and my family.

Second thought: don't you just love being called one of God"s people?!!

*****

one thousand gifts
206. a new lifestyle plan
207. hope
208. being one of God's people


No comments:

Post a Comment