February 27, 2012

the future


"I am leading you, step by step, through your life. Hold My hand in trusting dependence, letting Me guide you through this day. Your future looks uncertain and feels flimsy--even precarious. That is how it should be. Secret things belong to the Lord, and future things are secret things. "

Deuteronomy 29:29 The secret things belong to the Lord our God, but the things revealed belong to us and to our children forever, that we may follow all the words of the law.

*****

Oh, how often I've thought if I just knew what was going to happen, I could deal with it. I have always hated being in 'limbo' and not knowing or waiting to see what was going to happen next. I've not ever thought about the future being one of God's secrets. A secret that He chooses and controls. A secret that He reveals at just the right moment. I am to trust Him and focus on the truths that He has already revealed to me: His unending love, His purpose for my life, His sovereignty... and so much more.

How about you? Are you wasting your time wanting to know God's secret of your future, when He is desiring for you to enjoy this day that He is revealing to you? Let's celebrate today!

*****
565. breakfast good-byes to Kurylos
566. visit with Dad
567. listening to love and respect
568. safe trip home

No comments:

Post a Comment