January 23, 2012

It's alright to be human

"It's alright to be human." Jesus Calling by Sarah Young

II Corinthians 12:9 And He has said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, My power is perfected in weakness." Most gladly, therefore, I will rather boast about my weaknesses, that the power of Christ may dwell in me.

*****

Last night I had a bad dream about finances. Even after I was awake, I couldn't shake the feelings of fear. We are not in dire straits by any means, but we are like a lot of people and have debt... more debt than I am comfortable with. God has so blessed us and sometimes I feel like we haven't been good enough stewards of that blessing. So add to those feelings of fear, dis-appointment in myself. My day was not starting off on the best note. I decide that I may as well get up, I didn't think that I could fall back to sleep. I open my devotional and what are the first words I read--"It's alright to be human." Thank You God. It's alright to be human and make mistakes, it's alright to be disappointed in myself sometimes, it's alright because God can and does redeem my mistakes, He loves me, His strength is shown in my weakness. This does not mean that I can go on getting myself into more debt, God wants me to be a good steward of what He has given me. But it does mean that He forgives me for past mistakes and will help me to make better decisions in the future. He will care for me and provide for me. I need to trust in Him.

one thousand gifts
471. the pastor who spoke yesterday
472. the clear highway
473. His grace that is sufficient


No comments:

Post a Comment