January 21, 2012

depending on God

"I want you to be all mine. I am weaning you from other dependencies. Your security rests in Me alone--not in other people, not in circumstances" Jesus Calling by Sarah Young

Deuteronomy 33:27 The eternal God is a dwelling place, and underneath are the everlasting arms.

*****

Don't you love how God is always loving on us and always teaching us. Yesterday Tom arrived in Chicago after a long long flight to discover that his drive home was going to be snowy and icy. What normally takes him around 4 hours took him three times longer. I would have preferred for him to stay in Chicago, but he was anxious to get home and assured me that he would drive safely. That is when I had to turn to God and put Tom and me into His loving arms. God assured me as He always does, that He is sovereign and He was watching over us. Then this morning my devotion is about depending on Him. Yes, God I do!

*****

one thousand gifts

465. Tom home safely in the ice and snow
466. the calming of knitting
467. the strength in God's word

No comments:

Post a Comment