January 10, 2012

Chicago

Tom had to get a physical this morning in Chicago and was also on short call. He had made plans with Matt to have lunch together. I decided I would take a chance and hope that Tom didn't get called on a trip... which would have left me in Chicago with his car and needing to drive home by myself. So, I threw somethings into a bag (forgetting several important items) and we hit the road. We spent the night at the O'Hare Hilton. It was pretty nice, but I couldn't smile at the valet or check in person: my temporary front tooth is getting very flimsy and I only put it in when I am in public... unfortunately, it was packed away in my bag. I hadn't really thought about having to check in. Oh well, people in Chicago aren't all that friendly, so they probably didn't even notice that I wasn't smiling!! Tom got up early this morning for his physical and then brought back Cinnabon and Diet Coke for me. What a treat! We checked out and then drove to Matt's. We picked him up and made a quick stop at Kohl's, where he used some of his Christmas money. We then went to a pizza place and had Chicago deep dish pizza. One slice was so heavy, I could hardly lift it with just one hand! After we ate, we then dropped Matt off at his place and then drove home. Unfortunately, I got car sick on the way home... forgot to take Dramamine. Have to remember that although I am feeling so good--I still get car sick! All in all, a pretty good trip to Chicago.... after all I got to see Matt! Sorry no pictures. No I didn't forget my camera, just forgot to use it!

No comments:

Post a Comment