December 7, 2011

the unseen

"Learn to look steadily at Me in all your moments and all your circumstances. Though the world is unstable and in flux, you can experience continuity through your uninterrupted awareness of My Presence. Fix your eyes on the unseen, even as the visible world parades before you eyes."
Jesus Calling

II Corinthians 4:18 While we look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not see; for the things that are seen are temporal, but the things which are not seen are eternal.


*****

I can get so caught up in the things that I see, that I often forget that what is unseen is so much more important. I see the grumpy cashier and not what has caused her to be grumpy. I see the gloomy skies and not the sun shining behind the clouds. I see the hatred, wars, and discord in this world and not God's love, peace and sovereignty. I want to take a closer look at things today and see with my heart instead of my eyes. How about you? What are you seeing?


one thousand gifts
344. Amelia's "Bless you Papa" after Tom sneezed
345. Amelia helping Tom distribute goodies
346. the beauty in the unseen

No comments:

Post a Comment