December 11, 2011

dreams

"Bring Me your concerns, including your dreams. Talk with Me about everything, letting the Light of My Presence shine on your hopes and plans. Spend time allowing My Light to infuse your dreams with life, gradually transforming them into reality." Jesus Calling

Psalm 37:4 Delight yourself in the Lord, and He will give you the desires of your heart.

*****

What are you dreaming? Webster says that a dream means a fond hope. I think as we get older we forget to dream. Maybe we've already gotten what we used to dream about when we were young, or maybe we are disappointed because we still don't have what we dreamed, or maybe you come from a family like mine that never really encouraged you to dream.

My family had many wonderful attributes: faith in God, moral convictions, strong family ties; but we were firmly rooted in the reality of the moment. I don't think I ever heard my parents dream about the future. Maybe they had many dreams, but just didn't express them. Whatever the case, I have had difficulty dreaming over the years.

Tom was a great dreamer, but I think I have been a dream crusher to him. Not that I don't want him to have dreams and realize them. I have just not encouraged him when he has talked about them. I don't want to be a dream crusher anymore.

I want to learn to dream and encourage others to dream. To take an idea, something that I want, and let it blossom in my heart. To think about it and hope for it. Talk to God about it and talk to others about it. To encourage others to do the same.

In fact, I think I have a dream. I have the idea, something I want. Now, I need to let it blossom in my heart, to think about it, hope for it, and talk to God about it. Maybe I can even share it with you all soon.... but that takes bravery and I am not there yet. After all this dreaming is new to me!

What are you dreaming? Is there something that has been on your mind and in your heart? Is it something that you want or is it something that you are wanting to do? Are you brave enough to share it with me?

1 comment:

  1. Can't wait to hear about your dream and I hope to be an encouragement for you as you work on dreaming. Love you!

    ReplyDelete