December 1, 2011

family visit

On Tuesday my Dad, Mom, and sister Pat drove to Indianapolis to meet Asher Thomas
and visit for a few hours. The weather wasn't very agreeable: rain, then sleet, then snow;
but my Dad is a great driver and has been driving in this winter mix for a long while.
They arrived here safely and then made it home safely.

I am so thankful for their visit. I love being in Indianapolis, but I do miss not seeing
my family regularly. I especially miss having them at my house! Tom made a
spicy chicken soup--which was perfect for the wintry weather. We sat around
my dining room table and talked for hours.

Amelia was adorable: she ate lunch, entertained herself looking at books, watched
a "Dora", and then kissed us all before she went to nap! Asher was also adorable
for his introduction to my family. He was actually awake for an hour or so, then ate,
and slept! After everyone left Kelly even got a little nap. Perfect day!

my sister Pat, Mom, and Asher

Great Grandpa and Asher

another one Great Grandpa and Asher

Great Grandma and Asher

me, Mom, and Asher

Amelia watching Dora

Kelly getting her nap!


No comments:

Post a Comment