July 23, 2011

Latest Project




With all this heat...temperatures in the 90's... I have had to put my gardening aside most days. I decided that it was time to work on a few inside projects instead.

I painted the kitchen table legs, chairs, stool legs, and buffet (really just a dresser) white. I really like the crisp look of the white in my blue kitchen. Of course, Tom had to point out to me that he was pretty sure that the table legs and the stool legs started out white. Yes, when we bought the table over 20 years ago, it did have white legs. Since then the legs have been a dark green and then an apple green. I just reminded him how lucky he is that he has a artsy- craftsy wife who has save him hundreds of dollars over the years by painting the legs to match our décor instead of buying new tables.



Then we got to laughing about the fact that we have had the table for over 20 years and it has a leg that doesn't match the other three. The funniest part is that we had the table for almost 10 years before we realized the leg didn't match. (You can see the two different kinds of legs in the photo... did you notice it?) Yes, we had eaten most of our meals on that table. We had taken it apart and put it back together 3 times that we had moved. We had to be told by someone else that it didn't match. So much for us being observant... but you got to admit we are frugal!!

No comments:

Post a Comment