January 1, 2011


The F1H


Tom has decided that I have the F1H... the holidays flu. On Christmas day, we canceled our plans to travel to Illinois to visit my family because I was not feeling well. Then on Thursday, when my Mom, Steve(my

brother),Patty,and their kids were coming to visit us, I came down with the stomach flu. I spent most of their time in my bed. I had been so looking forward to their visit. I had not been back to Illinois in several weeks and was ready to catch up on news. Tom isn't great with the conversation part of entertaining, but thankfully he is great at the hosting part. He made lasagna for dinner, brownies for dessert, did the dishes, found sleeping places for everyone, made breakfast on Friday, and basically took care of all their needs. They left Friday afternoon. So Tom and I rang in the New Year with Tom snoring and me aching and moaning!


Now it is New Years Day and I am still in my bed sick to my stomach and sick of being in bed! I have just read one of the blogs that I follow

http://7294cottageway.blogspot.com/2010/12/2011-blogging-challenge.html


and she mentioned that she was going to try to blog daily and also follow her brother' suggestion to take a picture each day. I thought what a great way to remind me to take more pictures and to record not just the celebrations but the everyday happenings. So with that in mind:

the January 1, 2011 picture of the day was my view most of the day!

1 comment:

  1. I sure wish you were feeling better. We've had the blahs around here today too. Not really sick, but not really feeling great either...not a happy start to a new year...

    ReplyDelete