December 29, 2010

Bible Study for 2011

I love this week between Christmas and New Years Day. It is when I try to organize my life. I buy a new calendar and enter birthdays, anniversaries, addresses, and phone numbers. I organize my files, my desk, my purse, ... you get the idea. I review my goals from last year and make new goals for the coming year. During this week, I have great hope for all that is coming and all that I will accomplish.

It is also a time when I can start on some of my goals without feeling the pressure-- I don't have to do anything, but if I do then I am ahead of the game. (I'm sure I will write more about the games I play in my mind later, but for now just accept that I actually think this way!)

So with that explanation: here is the beginning of my attempt to read the Bible through in 2011. I will show the verses that I am reading and then share some thought about what I read. This year I feel like I am suppose to concentrate on learning about God's grace and also about how to communicate better.

I would love for you to join me on this journey or to comment any time that you would like!

2011 Bible Study--Grace and Communication


Genesis 1-5 (December 26,2010)

What these verses spoke to me about communications:

God:

speaks and it happens

speaks truth

speaks and all things listen—earth, water, light, man, etc.

communicates with Jesus and the Holy Spirit

speaks to man

me:

my words should always be truthful

I need to clearly articulate my desires if I want Tom or anyone else to meet them

I need constant communication with God—the only way to stay close and become more like Jesus

don't use manipulation

weight what others tell me, holding it to what God says is truth

Satan:

is the great manipulator often twisting a little truth with lies

his word is worthless yet costly if followed


What these verses spoke to me about grace:

grace did not begin when Jesus died for us-- God has always offered grace

No comments:

Post a Comment