January 16, 2013

Lamictal


I had just about finished writing this blog describing, in great detail, what has happened since my doctor prescribed Lamictal. By the time I got to paragraph four even I was bored...so here are the highlights:

Dr. Cobb prescribes Lamictal to help boost my medications that I take for depression.

Emotionally, I feel better than I have in a long time.

Physically, I start to experience side effects... nausea, nightmares, a rash.

I decide to continue medication until I see my doctor in January.

One week before I see Dr. Cobb, I can't take it anymore and reduce dosage...I know, I know, I don't recommend that anyone would change medication or dosage without talking to their doctor.

Feel a little better when I see Dr. Cobb. She is concerned with the side effects also. She recommends that instead of taking the pills before bed that I should take them at dinner time. We schedule a follow up in three weeks.

I can't wait that long! I am sick and tired of being nauseous. I am cutting down the dosage to one pill. If I am not feeling better in a week, I will call my doctor.

I just hate that we find something that makes me feel better emotionally and it makes me sick physically!

No comments:

Post a Comment