January 1, 2013

2013

Here we are at the beginning of a new year. Again this year Andy, Kelly, Matt, Tom and I decided to forgo resolutions and instead each pick a word that we would like to be our focus. I had a hard time picking my word this year.

Last year I had chosen the word "health". It was my goal to live a healthier life... physically. mentally, and spiritually. Needless to say, it didn't turn out the way I had planned. Starting in May, I fell into a deep depression. My medication had stopped working and it took most of the rest of the year to find new medicines that would work. We are still working on getting the right dosage.

After the year I had, I struggled to think of a word that wouldn't overwhelm me. A word that would encourage me and give me a direction. but not add more anxiety to my life. I asked my family for help. We decided that what I needed most this year was to be renewed.

As I have thought about the word renewal over the last few days, the Bible verse that says God will restore what was eaten in the years of the locust (Joel 2:25) keeps coming to mind. I am not sure if that is what God has planned for me this year, but I know that any true renewal can only come from Him.

So my word for 2013 is "renewal"

1 comment:

  1. Thank you Mary Beth for sharing your word for the New Year. As I haven't seen you blogging for a while, I just kept you in my thoughts and prayers. Know that I will join with you and the family in prayer for the Lord to renew! And YES He alone can and does restore what the locusts devour. Hugs from afar, Mary Ann

    ReplyDelete